Charlie Larrabee is attempting to do something most makers dream about. He is trying to turn his passion for making, in the realms of circuit design and music, into a real business. He recently left his job as circuit designer in the oil business to design and build vacuum tube ...Read More
Posts Tagged member
Halloween and the Texas Renaissance Festival are just around the corner so we sat down with two of our members here at the Lab to ask them about some costumes they recently worked on.
Is this your first costume? How did you get into cosplay?
Zach: I started doing costumes ...Read More
We are seeking volunteers able to work 4 hour shifts during weekdays and weekends.Read More
As a Trainer at the Houston Public Library Community Engagement Team, when Clementina Nunez isn't tricking kids into learning engineering and coding with LEGO Robotics or presenting ESL Workshops, she can be sometimes seen in the TXRX Labs Woodshop. We were lucky enough to catch her in the midst ...Read More
Virtual Reality is a fascinating topic. Regardless of your generation there have always been fantastical imaginings of the future. From the 1939’s World's Fair to 2014’s Movie Interstellar, we’ve been shown the technological potential of humanity in all its awe inspiring greatness. We are all fortunate ...Read More
What is your role at TXRX?
I handle the backend of the labs.
How long have you been part of the TXRX team?
I've been involved with the lab for about 4 years. First as a member, then a volunteer, then an officer, then an employee. I volunteered doing ...
Sign up for our monthly newsletter for updates on events, workshops, studio tips + tricks, member spotlights and more.Sign Me Up!
About TXRX Labs
Established in 2008, TXRX Labs is a non-profit hackerspace for the greater Houston area. Housed in the East End District, we offer courses in and access to our rapid prototyping lab, woodshop, machineshop, electronics lab, and a wide variety of other tools. Our goal is to educate the public about technology and show how seemingly complex techniques can be used by anyone. If you like what we do, please donate.
This Week at TXRX Labs
- 08/19 - Machine Shop Studio Hours
- 08/19 - V-Carve for CNC Engraving and Inlays
- 08/20 - Machine Shop Studio Hours
- 08/20 - Electronics Studio Hours
- 08/20 - V-Carve for CNC Engraving and Inlays
- 08/21 - Photo Studio, Jewelry Studio Ceramics Lab Cleaning
- 08/21 - Machine Shop Studio Hours
- 08/21 - Welding Shop Studio Hours
- 08/21 - Rapid Fab Studio Hours
- 08/21 - Wood Shop Studio Hours
- 08/21 - GRIND Team Meeting
- 08/21 - V-Carve for CNC Engraving and Inlays
- 08/22 - Machine Shop Studio Hours
- 08/22 - Electronics Studio Hours
- 08/22 - Fusion 360 CAD
- 08/23 - Machine Shop Studio Hours
- 08/23 - Fusion 360 CAD
- 08/24 - Seasonal Fermented Vegetables
- 08/24 - Machine Shop Studio Hours
- 08/24 - Rapid Fab Studio Hours
- 08/25 - Jewelry III: Bezel Setting
- 08/25 - Welding Shop Studio Hours
- 08/25 - USA ILabs
- 08/25 - Wood Shop Studio Hours